As a professional driver, you must do 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years to keep your Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) to drive a lorry, bus or coach. This is known as Driver CPC Training.
The best way is to join a Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training (JAUPT) approved course. You can see our certification here.
Our emergency first aid course is contextualised for professional drivers (HGV & PSV). This 7 hour emergency first aid course counts towards your 35 hours of training and provides you with the skills and confidence needed to administer first aid in emergency situations while on the road.
We make it easy by uploading qualification details to the DSA database within five working days of course completion.
What’s on the course?
About the Course
We’ve designed a practical and hands-on emergency first aid course that is ideal for professional drivers.
It will equip you with the knowledge to react in emergency situations while you are on the road.
Our courses are all taught by expert qualified trainers. The course is practical and scenario-based and covers a wide range of situations commonly experienced on the roads.
We run this drivers first aid course across Scotland and the UK.
- Vital signs
- Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents – ABC
- Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse
- Recovery Positions and other safe airway positions
- Breathing Problems – cardiac arrest CPR in adults and children,
- Heart attack, Angina and other medical emergencies
- AED / Defibrillator use
- Choking in adults and children
- Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for Shock
- Bandaging issues
- Minor injury (cuts, splinters, minor burns)
- Road traffic incident management
- Accident reporting
Why Choose the First Aid Training Co-operative?
Our ISO9001 registration, robust Quality Assurance procedure, a large team of highly experienced trainers based across the country, and many years of experience across multiple sectors make us the best choice for your first aid training requirements.
- Approved by JAUPT – we’ll inform the DSA that you’ve completed your training.
- We have ISO9001 Certification and are also members of the Federation of First Aid Training Organisations.
- We exceed the HSE Employers’ Due Diligence requirements for first aid training providers.
Book Private or ‘In-house’ courses
We can deliver bespoke driver first aid courses for private clients at their venue. These are specifically tailored to be relevant to you and your situation.
Book Public Courses
We also occasionally run public courses of this type at venues around the country. Register now for your course using the calendar below, or contact us to enquire about future dates.
May 202121EICA:Ratho, Edinburgh 1 day, 08:45 AM - 05:00 PMDriver CPC Emergency First Aid - This course is approved by the Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training (JAUPT) to meet Driver CPC training (Certificate of Professional Competence) requirements for professional drivers of large goods vehicles (LGV) and passenger carrying vehicles (PCV)
- £97.00 excl. VAT
Can't find the right course or dates for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. Questions? Need something more bespoke? We're here to help. Call us on 0333 4330 731 or email us.