Excellent First Aid Trainers
To Join Our Team
First Aid Training Co-operative is a growing brand in Scotland and across the UK. We are looking for qualified, professional and dynamic First Aid trainers to join our team and help us deliver a full range of First Aid courses.
Over the last couple of years, we have grown significantly, and with the addition of recent contracts we are now looking for additional trainers to become Associate Members of the First Aid Training Co-operative.
We are Scotland’s largest provider of public outdoor first aid courses. We are a genuine Co-operative in name and legal structure, designed to help small first aid providers work together. We do this by centralising all administrative processes and business systems, leaving trainers to simply train and assess our students to a very high standard, without having to put time and effort into course administration or client management. Our operations are as paperless as possible, and our clients appreciate our well-resourced, professional and skilful trainers.
As well as a generous day rate, we also pay our trainers’ expenses and operate a commission scheme for any course sales they generate. We have a strong trainer team already, many with specialist skills – MRT, paramedic, forest schools’ practitioners, expedition leaders etc. We also organise and run the biennial ‘First Aid Conference’, for the benefit of the First Aid training industry in Scotland and N. England.
- – Hold a current FAW certificate and a relevant teaching & assessing qualification, as required by the HSE
- – Hold a relevant industry qualification of some sort eg ML, MTB leader etc for outdoor first aid trainers, or football coach for SYFA first aid trainers.
- – Evidence of teaching a minimum of 4 first aid courses
- – Already own, or be willing to purchase, a full set of first aid training equipment which meet Co-op training requirements – i.e. 6 manikins and min. 3 AED trainers plus outdoor equipment etc for scenario work. We can potentially lend trainers some of this equipment initially.
- – Observed or attended a 2 Day First Aid course run by the First Aid Training Co-operative. Note we have regular Outdoor First Aid courses running that you can come and observe.
- – To have worked with other national outdoor first aid brands – REC, ITC, BASP etc
Where we need trainers
We have demand for trainers across Scotland, but particularly those in or willing to travel to the Central Belt. We are also looking for trainers in the south east and west of England, and the Midlands. A willingness and ability to travel to deliver courses will be an advantage.
How to join our trainer team
In the first instance please send the following information, to Join@firstaidtrainingcooperative.co.uk:
- ✅ A relevant CV,
- ✅ Your FAW Certificate,
- ✅ Teaching & Assessing qualification,
- ✅ Copies of your other industry qualifications if appropriate
- ✅ A covering letter detailing your experience, and telling us why you’d like to work with the Co-operative, and why we will enjoy working with you.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend a 1-day group interview at EICA Ratho near Edinburgh. We schedule these interview days according to demand and will notify all successful applicants of our next interview day as soon as each is scheduled.
Our next interview day is scheduled for: TBC (as demand dictates)
Those who we chose to work with following the interview will need to agree to the following:
- ➡️ Become an Associate Member of the Co-operative by signing our Member’s Agreement
- ➡️ Work for our freelance day rate of £165 plus all the usual expenses in accordance with our SOPs
- ➡️ Teach a minimum of of 12 teaching days per year
- ➡️ Take part in our annual AGM which is also our standardisation day. Normally the second Saturday in March
- ➡️ Pay an annual membership fee of £100 per year (this fee is waived for those attending our AGM)
- ➡️ Keep normal first aid trainer credentials up to date (I.E. FAW and CPD). We can give you access to annual CPD training and FAW courses, but the responsibility to stay up to date will continue to be yours
- ➡️ Have an annual review and Internal Quality Assurance visit from one of our senior trainers or from another trainer.
In preparation for our interview day you will be sent a some pre reading and some videos to watch. These will prepare you for an intensive 1-day interview, in which full participation is essential.
This will act as your introduction to our training & assessing methodology, administrative procedures, and brand.
This will not be an interview in the traditional sense. We will be asking you to deliver some first aid sessions on the day, so be prepared to get involved.
Trainers who are successful at the interview, will then work with one of our senior trainers on a relevant First Aid course, demonstrating that you can work within our teaching and assessment structure.
We expect that all trainers follow our lesson plans and adhere to our standardised scenario-based training system, ensuring that our students have a consistently high-quality learning experience. After completing this and being successfully approved, you will be able to take on freelance training work with the First Aid Training Co-operative.
Getting To EICA
EICA Ratho is only a few miles from Edinburgh Airport, and accommodation is easy to find near the venue.