This course is designed to meet the First Aid for Early Years Foundation Stage requirements of Ofsted - Ideal for registered childminders, nursery workers or nannies (England & Wales). This course would also be considered 'best practice' for the early years practitioners in Scotland.
The course is useful to those who take children away from the school or the nursery setting, on walks to the park or to catch a bus to activities.
It is ideal for those working in a childcare setting - nursery, kindergarten, or home childcare provider. Also suitable for those seeking work abroad as holiday company 'nannies'.
Theoretical training and practical scenarios are used together to incrementally develop skills throughout the course. Come prepared to be active and participate in progressive scenario practice.
First Aid Training Co-operative exceed the HSE Employers' Due Diligence requirements for first aid training providers.
We have ISO9001 Certification and are also members of the Federation of First Aid Training Organisations.
You can rely on our quality assured systems for the correct accreditation of your course.
Course Content List
Paediatric First Aid 2 Days, core course content:
- A systematic approach to incident management - ABCDE
- Incident management scenarios
- Dealing with incidents safely
- Infant & Child CPR procedures, inc. AED / Defibrillator use
- Choking in Infants & Children
- Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for bleeding
- Shock - Hypovolemic and Anaphylactic
- Hypothermia and Hyperthermia, Febrile convulsions
- Treating Damage - suspected fractures, head, neck and back injuries
- Eye injuries and foreign bodies in eyes, ears and noses
- Bites and stings
- Burns and scalds
- Electric shock
- Common illness, recognition and management of: Epilepsy, Asthma, Sickle Cell Anaemia, Diabetes
- Record keeping and action plans
Paediatric First Aid course 12 hour, 2 Days. This course is suitable for those who need to satisfy Ofsted First Aid for Early Years Foundation Stage requirements, or anyone involved in childcare.
We don’t currently have any public courses of this type scheduled. Please contact us to enquire about private course availability.
Can't find the right course for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. To see our full course listings, click here. Questions? Need something more bespoke or at your venue? Browse our private course listings below:
Enquire about booking a Private First Aid Course
We can run Private First Aid Courses at any suitable venue, for groups of up to 12 participants per trainer. Private courses can be tailored to almost any situation or context that your organisation or group requires.
Please complete the form linked below to let us know a bit about your requirements, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Alternatively, call the office and talk to one of us to discuss your situation and how we can help deliver the best course for you.
03334 330731 - Freecall from any mobile or landline
07585 723763 - Mobile