About Outdoor First Aid Courses
Our 2 Day Outdoor First Aid Course covers all the requirements of National Governing Body (NGB) Instructor Awards in the UK.
We are Scotland’s largest provider of publicly available two-day courses.
The course is suitable for a wide range of outdoor practitioners, including:
About the Course
Whatever activity you specialize in – from mountain biking to kayaking to skiing to ecology – our comprehensive 16-hour course will cover all the most important first aid situations you need to know, including:
- The life signs to look out for in a casualty
- The ABCDE of managing first aid situations
- Airway Management – the Recovery Position and other real-world variations
- Breathing Problems – the different types of CPR, and when to use them
- Head and spinal injuries – working with a team
- Hypothermia, hyperthermia and cold injuries
- Common illnesses and medical emergencies – how to spot and treat them effectively
- Animal bites and stings
- An up-to-date look at the regulations you need to know
PLUS, we also teach safe helmet removal as standard – a potentially life-saving technique that many other course providers leave out. And as much as possible, your trainer will adapt and tailor the course to your specific requirements, and the type of real-life situations you’re likely to face.
Testimonial – T. Powell
T. Powell - Edinburgh
Testimonial – J. Bond
J. Bond, Perth
Testimonial – T. Lamont
T. Lamont - RSPB Scotland
Testimonial – J. Temple
J. Temple - Glasgow
Testimonial – C. Hopkins
C. Hopkins, Edinburgh
Testimonial – S. Jessiman
S. Jessiman, Edinburgh
Testimonial – T. Lang
Just wanted to send a quick note to say thank you for the training over the past two days. Although I realise how important it is to know first aid training and unfortunately had to use it a few times, I always dread the training as it always shows people dying/injured and horrific scenes.For the first time ever, the training you provided did not send me home having nightmares and dreading the following day. Your manner and personality in the class was perfect, and a rare occasion can someone hold attention of a class to the level you did.I liked the way you broke the day into sections and brought everything back together again at the end. I do feel I have learned some new ‘tools for the box’, I can only hope and pray I will never need to use them.
T. Lang, WSP Management Services
Testimonial – K. Miller
K. Miller - Inverness
The First Aid industry can be confusing! There are a variety of systems that give an academic ‘level ‘ to first aid courses. Our Outdoor First Aid 2 Days course is equivalent to:
- RQF (Regulated Qualification Framework) Level 3
- SCQF (Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework) Level 6
- IoL (Institute of Outdoor Learning) Band 3 Course – Outdoor First Aid 2 Days
- REC (Remote Emergency Care) Level 3
Public or Private Course?
Browse our upcoming courses
First Aid Training Co-operative are Outdoor First Aid experts. All of our trainers are experienced practitioners and highly skilled educators. This means your course will be memorable, informative, and enjoyable!
As Scotland’s largest provider of publicly available two-day courses in Outdoor First Aid, we almost certainly have a course starting soon near you.
Book a bespoke private course
Our private first aid courses are delivered at your choice of venue, at a time and date to suit you, at locations across the UK.
We’ll come to you and tailor your course to suit your specific situation.
With up to 12 participants per trainer, private first aid courses provide great value.
Why choose us?
We’ve provided more than 3,700 hours of outdoor first aid training in the last 3 years alone, and have over 40 public courses on our calendar for this year, making us the biggest provider of publicly available courses in Scotland.
- High quality, scenario based first aid training, inside and outside. No shortcuts, no irrelevant stories
- Our trainers all have a background of leadership in the outdoors and have top notch first aid skills as paramedics, as part of mountain rescue teams or as regular practitioners
- We’ve been delivering Outdoor First Aid courses with our partners since 2007 and have taught 1000’s of students in that time.
- We work across the UK and worldwide, and are Scotland’s largest provider of outdoor first aid – more dates, more venues, more courses
We’re a Co-operative, we work together to provide the best service and training possible. We deliver First Aid training across the UK and internationally to a huge range of different clients.
Our ISO 9001 certification means you can be sure of our high standards in quality management. Our robust Quality Assurance system also means we easily surpass the HSE’s Due Diligence regulations for employers too.
Reviews – Top Rated
- “Most engaging and practical programme done in a long time. Great Delivery, superb humor and realistic approach to the topic. Pace was appropriate, nice pragmatic view of the content. Great fun, many thanks.” – R. Harrison
- “Excellent course, well suited for the outdoor sports enthusiast or leader. Definitely better than previous first aid courses I have attended” – M. Brown
- “Great Day – delivery was fun, informative + effective, not boring or tiring! Really enjoyable and feel much more confident for First Aid.” – N. Soutar
- “Pitched very well at the required level. Well resourced, explained and supervised. Thoroughly enjoyable learning.” – K. Wood
- “Overall, I feel that this has been the most enjoyable and informative first aid course I have attended. I really enjoyed how it was more practical than classroom based. Would definitely recommend to others in the future. Thank you!” – S. Thomson-Mitchell
- “Very enjoyable, informative course. Well delivered. Thanks” – A. Dunlop
- “Thank you very enjoyable. Good pace & mix of theory and practical, never boring. Much better than other providers.” – K. Torrance
- “Probably the most enjoyable First Aid course I have been on, much more relaxed and teaching was really good, engaging and this helped to keep my attention throughout. Thanks!” – K. Webster
- “Tom made the two days fly by – kept it upbeat and changed activities regularly.” – C. Howie
- “I have to say it was the most enjoyable and best first aid course I have been on, and I have done loads. Thanks” – A. Cain
Book Private or ‘In-house’ courses
We regularly deliver bespoke Outdoor First Aid courses for private clients at their venue. These are specifically tailored to be relevant to you and your situation.
Book Public courses
We are Scotland’s largest provider of public Outdoor First Aid courses, register now for your preferred course using the calendar below.
- Feb 202113
- Feb 202120
- Mar 202104
- Mar 202106
- Mar 202118
- Mar 202120
- Apr 202117
- Apr 202122Fife Cycle Park, Lochgelly 2 days, 08:45 AM - 06:00 PMOutdoor First Aid Course, 2 Days, 16 Hours. For all types of outdoor practitioner and featuring multiple outdoor scenarios. Covers all National Governing Body requirements for First Aid.
- £148.00 excl. VAT
- Apr 202124
- May 202108
Can't find the right course or dates for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. Questions? Need something more bespoke? We're here to help. Call us on 0333 4330 731 or email us.