First Aid Training Co-operative are Outdoor First Aid experts. All of our trainers are experienced practitioners, and highly skilled educators. This means your course will be memorable, informative, and enjoyable!
“The Gold Standard in Outdoor First Aid Courses”
Our 2 Day Outdoor First Aid Course covers all the requirements of National Governing Body (NGB) Instructor Awards in the UK, including:
- ✅ Forest School or Outdoor Woodland Learning Practitioner
- ✅ Mountain Bikers Leaders and Coaches
- ✅ Mountain Leaders / Climbers and Instructors (MLA)
- ✅ Snowsports Instructors (BASI)
- ✅ Paddlesports coaches and instructors (BCU/SCA)
- ✅ Sailors (RYA)
- ✅ Forestry (+F requirements) and Ecologists
- ✅ Remote First Aid
- ✅ Wilderness First Aid
- ✅ Aquatic First Aid (BCU/SCA)
- ✅ Duke of Edinburgh Assessors and Supervisors
- ✅ Field Studies Tutors
- ✅ Orienteering coaches
- ✅ Expedition Leaders
Why choose us?
We’ve provided more than 3,700 hours of outdoor first aid training in the last 3 years alone, and have over 40 public courses on our calendar for this year, making us the biggest provider of publicly available courses in Scotland.
- High quality, scenario based first aid training, inside and outside. No shortcuts, no irrelevant stories
- Our trainers all have a background of leadership in the outdoors and have top notch first aid skills as paramedics, as part of mountain rescue teams or as regular practitioners
- We’ve been delivering Outdoor First Aid courses with our partners since 2007 and have taught 1000’s of students in that time.
- We work across the UK and worldwide, and are Scotland’s largest provider of outdoor first aid – more dates, more venues, more courses
We’re a Co-operative, we work together to provide the best service and training possible. We deliver First Aid training across Scotland, the UK and internationally to a huge range of different clients.
Our ISO 9001 certification means you can be sure of our high standards in quality management. Our robust Quality Assurance system also means we easily surpass the HSE’s Due Diligence regulations for employers too.
Reviews – Top Rated
- “Most engaging and practical programme done in a long time. Great Delivery, superb humor and realistic approach to the topic. Pace was appropriate, nice pragmatic view of the content. Great fun, many thanks.” – R. Harrison
- “Excellent course, well suited for the outdoor sports enthusiast or leader. Definitely better than previous first aid courses I have attended” – M. Brown
- “Great Day – delivery was fun, informative + effective, not boring or tiring! Really enjoyable and feel much more confident for First Aid.” – N. Soutar
- “Pitched very well at the required level. Well resourced, explained and supervised. Thoroughly enjoyable learning.” – K. Wood
- “Overall, I feel that this has been the most enjoyable and informative first aid course I have attended. I really enjoyed how it was more practical than classroom based. Would definitely recommend to others in the future. Thank you!” – S. Thomson-Mitchell
- “Very enjoyable, informative course. Well delivered. Thanks” – A. Dunlop
- “Thank you very enjoyable. Good pace & mix of theory and practical, never boring. Much better than other providers.” – K. Torrance
- “Probably the most enjoyable First Aid course I have been on, much more relaxed and teaching was really good, engaging and this helped to keep my attention throughout. Thanks!” – K. Webster
- “Tom made the two days fly by – kept it upbeat and changed activities regularly.” – C. Howie
- “I have to say it was the most enjoyable and best first aid course I have been on, and I have done loads. Thanks” – A. Cain
To see for yourself how helpful and enjoyable our 2 Day Outdoor First Aid Course can be, book now.
What you’ll learn
Whatever activity you specialize in – from mountain biking to kayaking to skiing – our comprehensive 16-hour course will cover all the most important first aid situations you need to know, including:
- The life signs to look out for in a casualty
- The ABCDE of managing first aid situations
- Airway Management – the Recovery Position and other real-world variations
- Breathing Problems – the different types of CPR, and when to use them
- Head and spinal injuries – working with a team
- Hypothermia, hyperthermia and cold injuries
- Common illnesses and medical emergencies – how to spot and treat them effectively
- Animal bites and stings
- An up-to-date look at the regulations you need to know
PLUS, we also teach safe helmet removal as standard – a potentially life-saving technique that many other course providers leave out. And as much as possible, your trainer will adapt and tailor the course to your specific requirements, and the type of real-life situations you’re likely to face.
As Scotland’s largest provider of publicly available two-day courses in Outdoor First Aid, we almost certainly have a course starting soon near you.
The First Aid industry can be confusing! There are a variety of systems that give an academic ‘level ‘ to first aid courses. Our Outdoor First Aid 2 Days course is equivalent to:
- RQF (Regulated Qualification Framework) Level 3
- SCQF (Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework) Level 6
- IoL (Institute of Outdoor Learning) Level 3
- REC (Remote Emergency Care) Level 3
Book Private or ‘In-house’ courses
We regularly deliver bespoke Outdoor First Aid courses for private clients at their venue. These are specifically tailored to be relevant to you and your situation.
Book Public courses
We are Scotland’s largest provider of public Outdoor First Aid courses, register now for your preferred course using the calendar below.
Can't find the right course for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. To see our full public course listings, click below. Questions? Need something more bespoke? We're here to help. Call us on 0333 4330 731 or email us.