This is a course in “Equestrian Specific” emergency first aid and is taught by first aid professionals that deal with these equestrian related injuries on a daily basis. Where an organisation’s First Aid needs assessment identifies that there is a requirement for Emergency First Aid at Work practitioners, then this course in Emergency First Aid at Work satisfies the requirements of the regulatory body for First Aid - the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
This course is suitable for anyone working within the equestrian industry (Instructor, groom, eventer or horse owner) wishing to gain knowledge of emergency procedures and attain a recognised qualification in First Aid.
First Aid Training Co-operative exceed the HSE Employers' Due Diligence requirements for first aid training providers.
We have ISO9001 Certification and are also members of the Federation of First Aid Training Organisations.
You can rely on our quality assured systems for the correct accreditation of your course.
Course Content List
Emergency First Aid at Work core course content:
- Vital signs
- Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents - ABC
- Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse
- Recovery Positions and other safe airway positions
- Breathing Problems - cardiac arrest CPR in adults and children,
- Heart attack, Angina and other medical emergencies
- AED / Defibrillator use
- Choking in adults and children
- Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for Shock
- Bandaging issues
- Minor injury (cuts, splinters, minor burns)
- Accident reporting
Additional equestrian content varies according to the specific group, but may include a selection from the following:
- Hypothermia and Hyperthermia
- Lyme Disease
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Head Injuries and helmet removal
- Recognition and Treatment of damage to upper limb injuries
- Casualty insulation and protection
- Safe removal of a rider's protective equipment
We don’t currently have any public courses of this type scheduled. Please contact us to enquire about private course availability.
Can't find the right course for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. To see our full course listings, click here. Questions? Need something more bespoke or at your venue? Browse our private course listings below:
Enquire about booking a Private First Aid Course
We can run Private First Aid Courses at any suitable venue, for groups of up to 12 participants per trainer. Private courses can be tailored to almost any situation or context that your organisation or group requires.
Please complete the form linked below to let us know a bit about your requirements, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Alternatively, call the office and talk to one of us to discuss your situation and how we can help deliver the best course for you.
03334 330731 - Freecall from any mobile or landline
07585 723763 - Mobile