This hour long course takes your background understanding of Hypothermia a step further. Remaining non-technical, it covers:
- The body's physiological responses to being cold, and what happens as the core temperature drops
- The stages of Hypothermia and Cold Stress
- How to properly assess a cold casualty, and how to decipher the signs and symptoms to allow you to define their an accurate understanding of their situation and likely risk of worsening
- How to use a Hypothermia Assessment Card
- Hypothermia treatment, what to do, how and when to do it, and what not to do.
- How to properly construct a Hypothermia 'Burrito' Wrap, and ideas for improvising if necessary.
- The four stages of Immersion Hypothermia
- How Immersion Hypothermia differs from land based hypothermia
- What to do for the immersed hypothermic casualty
The course also includes a free download of our Hypothermia Assessment Card for you to add to your kit.
A Deeper Understanding of HypothermiaComplete online at your own pace (Self-paced)
- £30.00 excl. VAT
Can't find the right course for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. To see our full course listings, click here. Questions? Need something more bespoke or at your venue? Browse our private course listings below:
Enquire about booking a Private First Aid Course
We can run Private First Aid Courses at any suitable venue, for groups of up to 12 participants per trainer. Private courses can be tailored to almost any situation or context that your organisation or group requires.
Please complete the form linked below to let us know a bit about your requirements, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Alternatively, call the office and talk to one of us to discuss your situation and how we can help deliver the best course for you.
03334 330731 - Freecall from any mobile or landline
07585 723763 - Mobile