First aid is a key life skill which everyone should know and this course will teach young riders some simple first aid skills so they can take positive action if faced with a first aid emergency.
Young riders will be able to treat minor wounds and injuries and to know basic signs of serious conditions and injuries and to know how to get adult help in case of an accident.
The course is aimed at 8-14 years, but it can suit children of any age.
The course will show complete respect for the child’s ability, make it educational and practical, and instil the importance of helping someone who is poorly or injured.
First Aid Training Co-operative exceed the HSE Employers' Due Diligence requirements for first aid training providers.
We have ISO9001 Certification and are also members of the Federation of First Aid Training Organisations.
You can rely on our quality assured systems for the correct accreditation of your course.
Course Content List
- To be aware of danger and your own safety
- Understand the importance of getting help quickly and giving the right information
- Dealing with minor injuries
- Recognising more serious injuries and knowing the importance of keeping the injured person still.
- Checking for danger and sending for help promptly
- Recognise when someone is not breathing normally and know how to attempt resuscitation.
- Know the recovery position.
- Know how to control bleeding and deal with minor wounds
- Know how to deal with a nosebleed
- Know the treatment for a burn.
- Know the signs of a head, neck or back injury and understand the importance of not moving the patient.
- Know the importance of reassuring the patient and keeping them warm.
We don’t currently have any public courses of this type scheduled. Please contact us to enquire about private course availability.
Can't find the right course for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. To see our full course listings, click here. Questions? Need something more bespoke or at your venue? Browse our private course listings below:
Enquire about booking a Private First Aid Course
We can run Private First Aid Courses at any suitable venue, for groups of up to 12 participants per trainer. Private courses can be tailored to almost any situation or context that your organisation or group requires.
Please complete the form linked below to let us know a bit about your requirements, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Alternatively, call the office and talk to one of us to discuss your situation and how we can help deliver the best course for you.
03334 330731 - Freecall from any mobile or landline
07585 723763 - Mobile