The presentation consists of 1 hour and 20 mins of self paced learning, which can be started and stoped as you please. It takes you through a presentation that remains non-technical whilst covering the following aspects:
- Head Injury Reminder - Three types of Head Injury.
- What is concussion? Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI) classification.
- Mechanics of a mTBI. What is actually happening to the brain during various forms of trauma.
- Second Impact Syndrome - fatal in c. 50% of cases where an existing concussion has not healed.
- Long term impacts of concussion.
- The Job of the First Aider.
- How to Perform a Head Injury Assessment. A detailed look at the Concussion Recognition Tool, and how to use it in practice.
- Red Flag Symptoms
- Observable signs
- Physical Head Injury Assessment
- Symptoms of Concussion
- Cognitive Ability Assessment
- What to do if you suspect a concussion
- Ongoing monitoring and casualty management
- Baseline testing
- Concussion Recovery Overview and general advice
The course includes a free download of the Concussion Recognition Tool
A Deeper Understanding of ConcussionComplete online at your own pace (Self-paced)
- £30.00 excl. VAT
Can't find the right course for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. To see our full course listings, click here. Questions? Need something more bespoke or at your venue? Browse our private course listings below:
Enquire about booking a Private First Aid Course
We can run Private First Aid Courses at any suitable venue, for groups of up to 12 participants per trainer. Private courses can be tailored to almost any situation or context that your organisation or group requires.
Please complete the form linked below to let us know a bit about your requirements, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Alternatively, call the office and talk to one of us to discuss your situation and how we can help deliver the best course for you.
03334 330731 - Freecall from any mobile or landline
07585 723763 - Mobile