This course equips the outdoor practitioner, worker, or National Governing Body outdoor sports instructor, with the skills and techniques required to deal with a first aid incident. Both in potentially remote and challenging environments, as well as more urban, close to home situations.
A flexible, environment specific course, the content can be related to any outdoor situation and adapted to the needs of the client.
Our Outdoor First Aid course covers the requirements for -
- Forest School or Outdoor Woodland Learning Practitioners - covers child CPR, illness, choking
- Mountain Bikers Leaders and Coaches (BC, CTC, MBLA, etc)
- Mountain Leaders / Climbers and Instructors (IML, MLA, SPA, etc)
- Ski Instructors (BASI etc)
- Paddlesports coaches and instructors (BCU/SCA etc)
- Sailors (RYA)
- Forestry (+F requirements) and Ecologists
- Remote First Aid
- Wilderness First Aid
- Aquatic First Aid (BCU/SCA)
- Duke of Edinburgh Assessors and Supervisors
- Field Studies Tutors
- Expedition Leaders
This blended style of course gives students maximum efficiency and flexibility whilst retaining a high quality of training and a dynamic learning environment.
Theoretical training done at your own pace and supported by multiple video demos and pages from our Digital First Aid Manuals is followed by a Live Online Session with one of our trainers where the theory is contextualised to your situation. Finally, a practical assessment is carried out in pairs allowing you to demonstrate the practical skills that you have been shown.
How Does This Course Compare To Others?
The First Aid industry can be confusing! There are a variety of systems that give an academic ‘level ‘ to first aid courses. Our Outdoor First Aid 2 Days course is equivalent to:
- RQF (Regulated Qualification Framework) Level 3
- SCQF (Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework) Level 6
- IoL (Institute of Outdoor Learning) Band 3 Course - Outdoor First Aid 2 Day
- REC (Remote Emergency Care) Level 3
First Aid Training Co-operative exceed the HSE Employers' Due Diligence requirements for first aid training providers.
We have ISO9001 Certification and are also members of the Federation of First Aid Training Organisations.
You can rely on our quality assured systems for the correct accreditation of your course.
Course Content List
Course Content Includes:
- Contents of a first aid kit
- Accident reporting
- Vital signs
- A systematic approach to managing first aid incidents - ABCDE
- Casualty Monitoring and casualty protection
- Airway Management
- Recovery Positions
- Breathing Problems - cardiac arrest CPR inc AED use, drowning/child CPR,
- Heart attack, Angina, and other medical emergencies
- Choking (adult and child)
- Circulation Problems and treatment for shock
- Crush Injury and catastrophic blood loss if appropriate to the group
- Damage – treatment of injuries to the: chest, abdomen, pelvis, leg & arm, including remote improvised techniques
- Soft tissue injuries
- Head and spinal injuries, and helmet removal techniques and spinal management
- Environmental Considerations – hypothermia, hyperthermia and cold injuries
- Environmental Illness : Weils disease, Lyme disease, Tick-borne Encephalitis, Animal bites and stings
- Awareness of current regulations
- Making emergency calls in different outdoor situations
We don’t currently have any public courses of this type scheduled. Please contact us to enquire about private course availability.
Can't find the right course for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. To see our full course listings, click here. Questions? Need something more bespoke or at your venue? Browse our private course listings below:
Enquire about booking a Private First Aid Course
We can run Private First Aid Courses at any suitable venue, for groups of up to 12 participants per trainer. Private courses can be tailored to almost any situation or context that your organisation or group requires.
Please complete the form linked below to let us know a bit about your requirements, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Alternatively, call the office and talk to one of us to discuss your situation and how we can help deliver the best course for you.
03334 330731 - Freecall from any mobile or landline
07585 723763 - Mobile