This one day, 7hour, course is ideal for those who operate in and around water.
It introduces the themes of outdoor first aid, and teaches you what to do in a water based emergency when help is close to hand. It does not cover remote locations far from help - for that please check our Outdoor First Aid 2 Day course.
Suitable for all RYA Instructors and certificates, and can include use of 'Cat C' medical stores suitable for Commercial Endorsement holders on request.
Theoretical training and practical scenarios are used together. You will be very active on this course, come prepared to get involved!
First Aid Training Co-operative exceed the HSE Employers' Due Diligence requirements for first aid training providers.
We have ISO9001 Certification and are also members of the Federation of First Aid Training Organisations.
You can rely on our quality assured systems for the correct accreditation of your course.
Course Content List
Course content for Emergency First Aid at Work 1 Day:
- Vital signs
- Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents - ABC
- Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse
- Recovery Positions and other safe airway positions
- Breathing Problems - cardiac arrest CPR in adults and children,
- Heart attack, Angina and other medical emergencies
- AED / Defibrillator use
- Choking in adults and children
- Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for Shock
- Bandaging issues
- Minor injury (cuts & grazes, splinters, minor burns, bruising)
- Accident reporting
Additional water based content, to meet first aid requirements of RYA qualifications:
- Recovery position in confined spaces
- CPR for Drowning
- Improvised dressings and bandages
- Hypothermia due to immersion and / or exposure
- Head Injuries
Can include use of ‘Cat C’ medical stores suitable for Commercial Endorsement holders on request.
We don’t currently have any public courses of this type scheduled. Please contact us to enquire about private course availability.
Can't find the right course for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. To see our full course listings, click here. Questions? Need something more bespoke or at your venue? Browse our private course listings below:
Enquire about booking a Private First Aid Course
We can run Private First Aid Courses at any suitable venue, for groups of up to 12 participants per trainer. Private courses can be tailored to almost any situation or context that your organisation or group requires.
Please complete the form linked below to let us know a bit about your requirements, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Alternatively, call the office and talk to one of us to discuss your situation and how we can help deliver the best course for you.
03334 330731 - Freecall from any mobile or landline
07585 723763 - Mobile