Our First Aid for Sports Coaches and Exercise Professionals 2 day course has been designed to meet the requirements of the SYFA Club Licensing whilst also being applicable to many other sporting contexts including sports coaches, fitness professionals, exercise professionals, walk leaders, running leaders and other volunteers and professionals involved in sports provision.
The course is scenario based and covers leg injury, head and spinal injury management plus CPR for adults and children. It also includes an outdoor component to ensure the extra risks and first aid requirements likely to be encountered in outdoor activity have been thoroughly addressed.
This qualification is for the exercise professional, team sports person, coach, spectator or other involved adult with a duty of care requirement to make a reasonable 'return to play', 'return to exercise' decision. Also suitable for sports therapists or physiotherapists who do pitchside cover.
Our courses are taught by qualified trainers and are specifically designed as Sports specific First Aid. The course is scenario based and covers leg injury, head and spinal injury management plus CPR for adults and children.
This course takes sports first aid to a higher level over two days, and is suitable for sports coaches at Football, Rugby, Hockey, Shinty and any other high impact sports clubs. A course like this is a requirement of both the SYFA and SFA and is suitable for youth and adult football coaches.
Theoretical training and practical scenarios are used together to incrementally develop skills throughout the course.
First Aid Training Co-operative exceed the HSE Employers' Due Diligence requirements for first aid training providers.
We have ISO9001 Certification and are also members of the Federation of First Aid Training Organisations.
You can rely on our quality assured systems for the correct accreditation of your course.
Course Content List
First Aid for Sports Coaches and Exercise Professionals 2 Days Course Content:
- Safe best practice and awareness of current regulations
- Sports specific practical scenario training
- Vital signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour
- Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents - ABCDE
- Airway Management - safe airway positions & dealing with gum shields,
- CPR for Cardiac Arrest, Drowning / Child CPR, and use of a Defibrillator / AED
- Choking (child & adult)
- Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for bleeding and Shock
- Return to play decisions following on field assessment using SALTAPS
- Recognition of Concussion - use of Maddock's questions
- Head Injuries and concussion, helmet removal techniques
- Spinal management
- Soft tissue injuries, strains and sprains - when to and when not to use ice
- Arm and Leg injuries
- Other Sport Specific Injuries – Winding, Cramps, etc
- Environmental Considerations - Hypothermia, Hyperthermia, and other heat injuries
- Common Illnesses & Medical Emergencies - Heart attack, Angina, Asthma, Diabetes, Epilepsy
- What to put in your first aid kit and first aid room
- How to make an action plan
First Aid for Sports Coaches & Exercise Professionals. 2 Days, 16 Hours. A sports specific first aid course designed for those involved in team sports or high impact activity.
We don’t currently have any public courses of this type scheduled. Please contact us to enquire about private course availability.
Can't find the right course for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. To see our full course listings, click here. Questions? Need something more bespoke or at your venue? Browse our private course listings below:
Enquire about booking a Private First Aid Course
We can run Private First Aid Courses at any suitable venue, for groups of up to 12 participants per trainer. Private courses can be tailored to almost any situation or context that your organisation or group requires.
Please complete the form linked below to let us know a bit about your requirements, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Alternatively, call the office and talk to one of us to discuss your situation and how we can help deliver the best course for you.
03334 330731 - Freecall from any mobile or landline
07585 723763 - Mobile