Sports and Pitchside first aiders are in a unique position in that they not only have to cover the needs of a large number of players or participants, who may suffer serious injuries, but they may also have to deal with a large number of supporters, who are likely to be family members.
This course covers the most common concerns, and provides some practical experience, for practitioners of low impact sports, or those providing extra support in a team or high impact sport environment.
Ideally suited to Personal Trainers and Gym Instructors, theoretical training and practical scenarios are used together to incrementally develop skills throughout the course. Come prepared to be active and participate in progressive scenario practice.
First Aid Training Co-operative exceed the HSE Employers' Due Diligence requirements for first aid training providers.
We have ISO9001 Certification and are also members of the Federation of First Aid Training Organisations.
You can rely on our quality assured systems for the correct accreditation of your course.
Course Content List
First Aid for Sports Coaches and Exercise Professionals 1 Day, Core course content:
- Safe best practice and awareness of current regulations
- Sports specific practical scenario training
- A systematic approach to incident management
- Primary Survey
- Vital signs
- Airway Management - safe airway positions & dealing with gum shields
- CPR for cardiac arrest and drowning
- AED / defibrillator use
- Chocking for adults and children
- Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for bleeding and Shock
- Return to play decisions following on field assessment using SALTAPS
- Recognition of concussion - use of Maddock's questions
- Soft tissue injuries, strains and sprains - when to and when not to use ice
- What to put in your first aid kit
- How to make an action plan
We don’t currently have any public courses of this type scheduled. Please contact us to enquire about private course availability.
Can't find the right course for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. To see our full course listings, click here. Questions? Need something more bespoke or at your venue? Browse our private course listings below:
Enquire about booking a Private First Aid Course
We can run Private First Aid Courses at any suitable venue, for groups of up to 12 participants per trainer. Private courses can be tailored to almost any situation or context that your organisation or group requires.
Please complete the form linked below to let us know a bit about your requirements, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Alternatively, call the office and talk to one of us to discuss your situation and how we can help deliver the best course for you.
03334 330731 - Freecall from any mobile or landline
07585 723763 - Mobile