Forestry First Aid Training
In order to work on Forestry Commission, Forest Enterprise Scotland, Scottish Forestry, or Forest Service Norther Ireland sites, you must have an approved ‘+F’ first aid qualification.
The First Aid Training Co-operative are the sole provider of first aid training for Forest Enterprise Scotland. Our ISO9001 registration, robust quality assurance process, experience and expertise in the outdoor sector, and ability to deliver courses anywhere in the country makes us the first choice supplier.
What You’ll Learn
Alongside traditional emergency first aid subjects, all our Forestry First Aid Training Courses include the following areas in order to meet the guidance of the HSE and Forestry Commission.
- +F: Hypothermia recognition and treatment
- +F: Lyme disease recognition and treatment
- +F: Major bleed management
- +F: Crush injury treatment
- +F: Emergency Action Planning
- Vital signs
- Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents – ABC
- Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse
- Recovery Positions and other safe airway positions
- Breathing Problems – cardiac arrest CPR in adults and children,
- Heart attack, Angina and other medical emergencies
- AED / Defibrillator use
- Choking in adults and children
- Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for Shock
- Bandaging issues
- Minor injury (cuts, splinters, minor burns)
- Accident reporting
Which +F Course Should I Do?
These courses are suitable for Forestry Workers, Arbiculturists, Tree Surgeons, Greenkeepers, Rangers, Chainsaw operators, Hauliers and more.
The right course for you depends upon your responsibilities. Please contact us if you are unsure on your requirements. Choose either our Emergency First Aid at Work +F course (EFAW+F), or our First Aid at Work +F course (FAW+F). T
First Aid at Work +F
If you work alone, are a squad leader or frequently work in remote locations, you’ll need this course.
Course length: 2 days as a refresher, 3 days if new.
Emergency First Aid at Work +F
If you are a member of a squad, you are a machine operator or only work occasionally in remote location, you’ll need this course.
Course length: 7 hours, completed in 1 day.
Our Public EFAW+F Course Calendar
Can't find the right course for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. To see our full public course listings, click below. Questions? Need something more bespoke? We're here to help. Call us on 0333 4330 731 or email us.