We are an approved first aid supplier for Scottish Youth Football Association Clubs. Our SYFA First Aid course has been designed to meet the requirements of the SYFA Club Licensing and is tailored specifically to club groups.
The course is scenario based and covers leg injury, head and spinal injury management plus CPR for adults and children and much more.
This course is tailored specifically to SYFA and SFA coaches. Coaches of other sports should consider our First Aid for Sports Coaches and Exercise Professionals 2 Day course. This has the same content and is still approved by SYFA, but is not a Football specific course.
Theoretical training and practical scenarios are used together to incrementally develop skills throughout the course. Come prepared to be active and participate in progressive scenario practice.
First Aid Training Co-operative exceed the HSE Employers' Due Diligence requirements for first aid training providers.
We have ISO9001 Certification and are also members of the Federation of First Aid Training Organisations.
You can rely on our quality assured systems for the correct accreditation of your course.
Course Content List
Course content for First Aid for Sports Coaches and Exercise Professionals 2 Days:
- Safe best practice and awareness of current regulations
- Sports specific practical scenario training
- Vital signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour
- Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents - ABCDE
- Airway Management - safe airway positions & dealing with gum shields,
- CPR for Cardiac Arrest, Drowning / Child CPR, and use of a Defibrillator / AED
- Choking (child & adult)
- Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for bleeding and shock
- Return to play decisions following on field assessment using SALTAPS
- Recognition of Concussion - use of Maddock's questions
- Head Injuries and concussion, helmet removal techniques
- Spinal management
- Soft tissue injuries, strains and sprains - when to and when not to use ice
- Arm and Leg injuries
- Other Sport Specific Injuries – Winding, Cramps, etc
- Environmental Considerations - Hypothermia, Hyperthermia, and other heat injuries
- Common Illnesses & Medical Emergencies - Heart attack, Angina, Asthma, Diabetes, Epilepsy
- What to put in your first aid kit and first aid room
- How to make an action plan
We don’t currently have any public courses of this type scheduled. Please contact us to enquire about private course availability.
Can't find the right course for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. To see our full course listings, click here. Questions? Need something more bespoke or at your venue? Browse our private course listings below:
Enquire about booking a Private First Aid Course
We can run Private First Aid Courses at any suitable venue, for groups of up to 12 participants per trainer. Private courses can be tailored to almost any situation or context that your organisation or group requires.
Please complete the form linked below to let us know a bit about your requirements, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Alternatively, call the office and talk to one of us to discuss your situation and how we can help deliver the best course for you.
03334 330731 - Freecall from any mobile or landline
07585 723763 - Mobile