Can We Change The Government’s Mind?
Can We Change The Government’s Mind? People say to me, “you will never persuade the powers that be to change their minds”. Well there are some similar precedents to this situation regarding first aid training:
In 2014 the English government issued new guidance on the use of asthma inhalers and adrenaline auto injector pens (EpiPens) so that schools and nurseries could hold a spare inhaler / auto injector in case a child lost of forget their own. It took till late 2017 for the Scottish government to follow suite and issue similar guidance, making schools and nurseries safer places for our children to be.
The issue of Paediatric First Aid training for childcare and early learning providers is similar. The law changed in England back in 2014, so sometimes it does take a while for the Scottish government to catch up.
What can you do to help?
What can you do?
- Sign our 38 degrees petition asking Maree Todd to change the law
- Send a Facebook message to Maree Todd
- Send a Twitter message to Maree Todd – @MareeToddMSP
- Email Maree Todd – [email protected]
- Write to Marie Todd MSP – standard downloadable letters, which can be adapted, are below –
- WORD Version – Maree Todd Keep Children in Scotland Safe Letter WORD
- PDF Version – Maree Todd Keep Children in Scotland Safe Letter PDF