The HSE Recommends that all high risk workplaces have staff with a First Aid at Work qualification on site at all times.
This course can be tailored to any relevant environment, and is most commonly delivered as an In-house course, contextualised for your workplace hazards.
Theoretical training and practical scenarios are used together to incrementally develop skills throughout the course. Come prepared to be active and participate in progressive scenario practice.
Those with responsibility for a large number of people, or those who work in high risk environments such as construction, manufacturing, agriculture, fisheries, or commercial kitchens.
First Aid Training Co-operative exceed the HSE Employers' Due Diligence requirements for first aid training providers.
We have ISO9001 Certification and are also members of the Federation of First Aid Training Organisations.
You can rely on our quality assured systems for the correct accreditation of your course.
Course Content List
First Aid at Work 3 Days course contents:
- Vital signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour
- Casualty Monitoring and protection
- Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents - ABCDE
- Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse
- Recovery Positions and other safe airway positions
- Breathing Problems - cardiac arrest CPR in adults and children, drowning CPR
- Heart attack, Angina
- AED / Defibrillator use
- Choking in adults and children
- Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for Shock
- Bandaging issues
- Damage – Recognition and treatment of injuries to: chest, abdomen, pelvis, leg & arm
- Head and spinal injuries and spinal management, inc. helmet removal
- Common Illnesses – Asthma, Diabetes and Epilepsy
- Dealing with burns
- Dealing with poisons
- Animal bites and stings
- Awareness of current regulations
- Incident reporting and RIDDOR
We don’t currently have any public courses of this type scheduled. Please contact us to enquire about private course availability.
Can't find the right course for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. To see our full course listings, click here. Questions? Need something more bespoke or at your venue? Browse our private course listings below:
Enquire about booking a Private First Aid Course
We can run Private First Aid Courses at any suitable venue, for groups of up to 12 participants per trainer. Private courses can be tailored to almost any situation or context that your organisation or group requires.
Please complete the form linked below to let us know a bit about your requirements, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Alternatively, call the office and talk to one of us to discuss your situation and how we can help deliver the best course for you.
03334 330731 - Freecall from any mobile or landline
07585 723763 - Mobile