This course concentrates on the context of 'Outdoors' rather than 'Remote', and has emphasis on young people and adult helpers. It does not deal with environments which are high altitude, or several hours from help.
This course has been specifically designed for Forest Schools and Outdoor Learning Practitioners and those working in outdoor nurseries or other childcare in outdoor settings.
It covers the requirements of forest school practitioners for first aid and includes child CPR and choking, child illness, hypothermia and includes outdoor scenarios.
It is not suitable for maintaining National Governing Body outdoor sport instructor or leader qualifications.
Theoretical training and practical scenarios are used together to incrementally develop skills throughout the course. Come prepared to be active and participate in progressive scenario practice indoors and outside!
First Aid Training Co-operative exceed the HSE Employers' Due Diligence requirements for first aid training providers.
We have ISO9001 Certification and are a Federation of First Aid Training Organisations member.
You can rely on our quality assured systems for the correct accreditation of your course.
Course Content List
Course Content Includes:
- Contents of a first aid kit
- Accident reporting
- Vital signs
- A systematic approach to managing first aid incidents - ABCDE
- Casualty Monitoring and casualty protection
- Airway Management
- Recovery Positions and various Safe Airway Positions
- Breathing Problems - cardiac arrest CPR inc AED use, drowning/child CPR,
- Heart attack, Angina, and other medical emergencies for adults and children
- Choking (adult and child)
- Circulation Problems and treatment for shock
- Crush Injury and catastrophic blood loss if appropriate to the group
- Damage – treatment of injuries to the: chest, abdomen, pelvis, leg & arm, including remote improvised techniques
- Soft tissue injuries
- Head and spinal injuries, Inc. helmet removal techniques and spinal management
- Environmental Considerations – hypothermia, hyperthermia and cold injuries
- Environmental Illness : Weils disease, Lyme disease, Tick-borne Encephalitis, Animal bites and stings
- Awareness of current regulations
- Making emergency calls in different outdoor situations
- Outdoor Incident Scenarios
Wed 23 Jun 20212 days, Wed 8:45 AM - Thu 6:00 PM
Register4 places remaining
- £148.00 excl. VAT
Can't find the right course for you?
We offer a wide range of courses across the UK. To see our full course listings, click here. Questions? Need something more bespoke or at your venue? Browse our private course listings below:
Enquire about booking a Private First Aid Course
We can run Private First Aid Courses at any suitable venue, for groups of up to 12 participants per trainer. Private courses can be tailored to almost any situation or context that your organisation or group requires.
Please complete the form linked below to let us know a bit about your requirements, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Alternatively, call the office and talk to one of us to discuss your situation and how we can help deliver the best course for you.
03334 330731 - Freecall from any mobile or landline
07585 723763 - Mobile