A +F first aid qualification is mandatory on any Forestry Commission site. We offer both EFAW+F and FAW+F courses – learn more here.
The Forestry Commission set a policy for first aid training required by all contractors working on their sites. All contractors (forestry clearance, fencing, planting, surveyors and haulers) need to demonstrate they comply with their First Aid Policy. This applies to self-employed contractors as well as companies.
Essentially, contractors need to show that they have:
- Assessed the first aid provision required at any given site and the work which will be undertaken there
- Put in place appropriately trained and equipped staff to deal with first aid incidents
- Put in place emergency procedures to manage incidents
- Record the findings of the assessment undertaken.
In order to treat injuries incurred at accidents and incidents workers should have access to a first aid kit and know how to use its contents. Any staff who are first aid trained need to be sent on a +F first aid course.
First Aid Training Co-operative can deliver sector specific first aid courses. EFAW+F or FAW+F courses for you at your chosen venue. Alternatively, if you are a smaller firm you can send staff on one of our public EFAW+F courses.
+F is a generic term meaning ‘+ Forestry operations’. These courses are also relevant to many outdoor workers employed in the agriculture or horticulture sectors, landscaping and grounds maintenance, gillies and stalkers, plus fencing and machinery contractors.
Our First Aid +F courses build on the skills from Emergency First Aid at Work or First Aid at Work courses to provide scenario-based, practical first aid skills and knowledge.
These courses are some of the best in the industry and include dealing with catastrophic bleeding, crushing injury, Lyme disease, hypothermia and Emergency Action Planning.
These courses have been developed to comply with Forestry Commission +F as per the “First Aid at Work – Forestry Commission Policy” and fit with FISA best practice.
We now offer +F First Aid Courses for Forestry
- Over 12000 students – 95% rate us ‘Very Good’ or ‘Excellent’
- In order to work on Forestry Commission, Forest Enterprise Scotland, Scottish Forestry, or Forest Service Northern Ireland sites, you must have an approved ‘+F’ first aid qualification.
- We are the sole provider of first aid training for Forest Enterprise Scotland
- Meet your legal requirements in just 1 day with our specialist course – learn more here.