Thank you to each of our students who took the time to complete their post course review & evaluation form. We are always happy to look through these and respond to any comments made.
Each month we post these (good and bad) in a blog, so you can get a sense of how we are performing in realtime. Below is a sample of the comments and first aid course reviews from March 2019.
What Did You Like About Your Course?
- The Teacher
- Engaging presenter
- Very engaging making things easier to remember
- Trainer was friendly, flexible and knowledgeable
- I acquired all the current protocols and techniques needed in a well presented and relaxing way
- Knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic trainer covering all topics
- The reason we returned was the quality of the instruction. The last one is the best first course i’ve ever attended since going on them since 2000. You finish the course being far more empowered to deal with real world remote situations.
- I do like how the teaching is very layered, always starting in the same place
- Very informative and I feel confident to deliver necessary first aid
- The training was very through and detailed with lots of information over the 2 days.. The course content was delivered and spread out well… The trainer made it fun at intervals and i thought a mixture of practice, discussion, and group work was evenly spread which eased the intensity.. The trainer was excellent
- The course used real outdoor situations and the patient was not always on their back and you had to think about what you would do to help the injured person
- A Forest School based first aid course for Forest School leaders/practitioners means this is the most relevant 16hour course for us to take. Like-minded participants with the same needs and questions makes for a very worthwhile 2 days, particularly as we considered contents of first aid kits for our situations and settings and received plenty of expert advice
- The practical aspect of the course. It was great to have the opportunity to use knowledge recently acquired in simulations of real life situations
- Enjoyed that it was very hands-on – this really helped the retention of information
- He (the trainer) was able to manage all different kinds of knowledge
- Fast moving, provided relevant examples, instructor obviously very good at working with groups and conveying information
- Training/trainer was accessible not intimidating. Ethos was ‘enabling you to succeed and self reflection’ They didn’t overlook ‘mistakes’ but supported you to recognise them yourself & advise what you’d do differently next time. Good balance of classroom:practical, delivery of info was clear and not over laboured, with key points reminded frequently. Trainer took feedback and adjusted throughout as to what was relevant – tailoring the experience so we got the most out of it
- To be honest if it wasn’t for our trainer being the way he was then I would have been so nervous and would have held back from a lot, but he made us all feel so welcome and comfortable with what we were doing i left very confident! He was amazing! He helped us with any questions we had and was very patient when we were lacking confidence in certain parts, big thank you!
- The structure and order of coverage and practice
- Learning different skills and what to do in different situations
What Could We Improve About Our Courses?
- Venue should be clean and warm. Training materials available.
The venues supplied on private courses are beyond our control, we always specify our requirements, but this doesn’t always translate into the venue on the day unfortunately.
- It would be really useful to add a third day to cover paediatric first aid too.
This is certainly possible on Private courses, please ask if you have bespoke requirements like this!