Advanced Outdoor First Aid course at RATHO, Edinburgh September 29-October1st.
First Aid Training Co-operative Director Cory Jones will be holding a rarely available Advanced Outdoor First Aid course at RATHO on September 29th -October 1st.
Day 1 and Day 2 are the standard Outdoor First Aid course content and Day 3 (1st October) is the advanced skills day.
The advanced section of the training covers:
- extended information about wound cleaning and management including hygiene in developing world context, dealing with road traffic incidents
- dealing with gunshot and knife wounds
- alternative means of wound closure
- relocation of dislocations ( focus on shoulder, finger and patella)
- ankle fracture diagnosis
- ankle strapping
- lower leg improvised splints (advanced)
- improvised femur splints
- improvised pelvic splints
- chest seals
- basics of casualty packaging
- improvised stretchers
- illness recognition and management
- staying healthy overseas
- lots of multiple casualty scenarios
- triage scenarios
- managing multiple casualty scenarios and debriefs
We can also cover: altitude, tropical illness and or cold injury if required by any attendees. Please inform us in advance.
To book on the course follow this link.
Please note: if you have attended an Outdoor First Aid course in the last 12 months and would like to attend on the third day only – please contact Lorna in our office to discuss your booking.